Water is life. This isn’t a slogan reserved for hippy environmentalists, it’s a basic requirement to sustain all life. Without water, mankind and plant-kind will quickly become extinct.
If we don’t want to go the way of the caveman, we need to start seriously rectifying the pollution of our most valuable natural resource. Approximately 40% of the lakes in America are too polluted for fishing, aquatic life, or swimming. Each year, we pump around 1.2 trillion gallons of untreated sewage and industrial waste into our rivers and lakes. This behavior is only appalling, but sad.
While we can’t go back in time and undo the damage already done, there’s nothing stopping us from taking serious steps to make cleaner water for the future benefit of our planet and society. Here are the best water pollution slogans and quotes to inspire everyone to do better.
- Water Pollution Slogans
- Water Pollution Quotes
- Bottled Water Slogans
- Water Pollution Posters with Slogans
- Acid Rain Slogans
- What Steps Can We Take to Prevent Water Pollution?
Water Pollution Slogans
Garbage bag in a lake.
A short, punchy slogan helps communicate a message in a powerful and memorable way. We’ve compiled a list of the most impactful taglines you to use to chant at a rally on water pollution or write on a cardboard sign.
Best List: 101 Bottle Water Company Name Ideas
- Be a part of the solution, not the pollution.
- Be aware and handle water with care.
- Change your water, change your life
- Clean water is blessing from God, don’t pollute it.
- Clean water starts with you
- Cleaner water, cleaner tomorrow.
- Destroy water- destroy life
- Don’t be mean, keep it clean
- Don’t blow it – good planets are hard to find
- Don’t let the future die; keep the water clean.
- Go green and drink clean.
- Keep calm & stop water pollution
- Keep our H2O good to go
- Let’s find the solution and stop water pollution.
- Love water, Hate pollution
- Make a notion of saving the ocean.
- No pollution is the only solution
- Pollution free is the way to be
- Save water before it’s too late
- Say no to water pollution
- Soil the water and spoil the earth.
- Stopping pollution is the only solution.
- The water you pollute will find its way back to you.
- Think Blue and go Green!
- Wait and think, save water to drink.
- Water is life, take care of it
- Water pollution is a bad solution
- Water Pollution is not just harmful. It’s deadly.
- Water pollution is the worst solution
- You destroy life when you destroy water.
Water Pollution Quotes
Water pollution is not just a cause that’s supported by wide-eyed college students or extreme activists. Celebrities, entrepreneurs, and government leaders have all advocated for clean water. Here are a few comments from notable people on the subject.
Industry Report:57 Stunning Tea Consumption Statistics and Trends
- Anyone who can solve he problems of water will be worthy of two Nobel prizes – one for peace and one for science. – John F. Kennedy
- Environmental pollution is an incurable disease. It can only be prevented. – Barry Commoner
- I am concerned about the air we breathe and the water we drink. If overfishing continues, if pollution continues, many of these species will disappear off the face of the earth. — Bernard Marcus
- Industrial agriculture now accounts for over half of America’s water pollution. – Robert Kennedy
It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it. -Dan Quayle
- Man is a complex being: he makes deserts bloom – and lakes die. – Gil Scott-Heron
- No one has the right to use America’s rivers and America’s Waterways, that belong to all the people. as a sewer. The banks of a river may belong to one man or one industry or one State, but the waters which flow between the banks should belong to all the people. – Lyndon B. Johnson
- Pollution from oil and gas development, toxic runoff, and miles and miles of plastic trash foul the waters and threaten marine life. – Frances Beinecke
- Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we’ve been ignorant of their value. – R. Buckminster Fuller
- Sooner or later, we will have to recognise that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans. – Evo Morales
The ocean is regarded as a sort of bargain basement… People don’t realize that water in the liquid state is very rare in hte universe. Away from earth, it is usually a gas. This moisture is a blessed treasure, and it is our basic duty, if we don’t want to commit suicide, to preserve it. – Jacques Yves Cousteau
- The river Mersey, a mile-wide estuary not unlike the Hudson, perhaps in my childhood even more filthy. We used to say “the quality of Mersey is not strained. — Kenneth Ewart Boulding
- Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans. – Jacques Yves Cousteau
- Water is life’s matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water. – Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
- Water is one of the most basic of all needs – we cannot live for more than a few days without it. And yet, most people take water for granted. We waste water needlessly and don’t realize that clean water is a very limited resource. More than 1 billion people around the world have no access to safe, clean drinking water, and over 2.5 billion do not have adequate sanitation service. Over 2 million people die each year because of unsafe water – and most of them are children! – Robert Alan Aurthur
- Water is the most precious, limited natural resource we have in this country… But because water belongs to no one—except the people—special interests, including government polluters, use it as their private sewers. — Ralph Nader
We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one. – Jacques Yves Cousteau(Video) essay on importance of water || importance of water essay in english || Essay on water ||
- We never know the worth of water till the well is dry. – Thomas Fuller
- We still have too much air and water pollution and we still need to work to reduce it. But we also need to put the problem of pollution into a historical as well as scientific perspective. – Ronald Reagan
- You wouldn’t think you could kill an ocean, would you? But we’ll do it one day. That’s how negligent we are. – Ian Rankin
Bottled Water Slogans
Plastic bottles of water contribute to pollution.
In a bit of irony, plastic water bottles are polluting our lakes and streams when they aren’t disposed of correctly. According to reports, only one in every six water bottles sold is recycled. Here are some of the slogans of major bottled water companies.
- American Summits – Natural purity from America’s peaks
- Aqua Pura – Be the best you can be
- Aquamantra natural spring water – Stimulate your soul
- Arbor Springs Water Company – It’s all in good taste
- Calypso mineral water ice cubes – Chill out with Calypso Ice!
- Cedar Springs bottled water – This bottle will change your life.
- Crystal Canadian spring water – The great Canadian outdoors, in bottles
- English Mountain spring water – Engineered by nature, bottled with perfection
- Esker natural spring water – Esker. Water like no other.
- Ferrarelle – The official water of La Dolce Vita.
- Gize – Gize. More than water.
- Himalayan – Live natural
- Lanark Pure water – Lanark Pure. Life’s perfect drink.
- Lithia mineral water – Lithia. America’s healthiest water.
- Niagara purified drinking water – Taste the pure difference!
- Perrier – Perrier. The ultimate refreshment
- Vichy Celestins mineral water – Naturally healthy
- Virgen mineral water – Virgen. Feel the spirit of water.
- Vittel – Vittel. There must be something in this water.
- Watsons distilled water – Watsons. Purity assurance.
Water Pollution Posters with Slogans
A disturbing image of water pollution.
An image paired with a powerful message can increase impact and recall. Here are some examples of water pollution posters can help spread the message of water preservation.
- Clean water starts with you.
Clean water starts with you
- Destroy water , you destroy life.
Destroy water , you destroy life.
- Don’t pollute the water
Don’t pollute the water
- Everything we do, Always come back to us
Everything we do, Always come back to us
- If you pollute water you pollute life
If you pollute water you pollute life
- It is not fair for 25% to pollute 75% …
It is not fair for 25% to pollute 75% …
- Polluted water = H2 Oh No!
Polluted water = H 2 Oh No!
- Protect our water
Protect our water
- Say no to water pollution
Say no to water pollution
- Water is life, take care of it
Water is life, take care of it
- You don’t trash your own home do you? Why trash mine?
You don’t trash your own home do you? Why trash mine?
Acid Rain Slogans
The result of acid rain.
Acid rain has been a serious environmental concern for decades. When sulfur and nitrogen oxides react with water, oxygen and other substances in the atmosphere, they produce sulfuric and nitric acid. These acids then contaminate the lakes, streams, wetlands, and other aquatic environments. We have come up with a variety of acid rain slogans that can help raise awareness for the problem on social media or other public forums.
- Acid Rain – Not As Much Fun As It Sounds
- Acid Rain Burns My Base
- Acid Rain destroys the food chain
- Acid Rain is also a Weapon of mass Destruction
- Acid Rain is killing the planet
- Acid Rain is such a Pain
- Acid Rain: Helping to remove bird crap from cars since 1970
- Acid Rain: The Sky Fights Back
- Complain about the acid rain
- Hello my name is Acid Rain
- I hate Acid Rain
- I have Acid rain in my brain and it’s killing the flowers in my Heart
- I wouldn’t be talking if acid rain wasn’t a problem
- If pollution goes up into the sky, then acid rain will make you cry
- Keep calm and focus on Acid Rain
- Mom says avoid Acidic Rain
- My wish is, Stop Acid Rain and protect the Fish
- Please can you stop Acid Rain for me
- Stop Acid rain, there’s still time
- Use your brain and stop Acid Rain
What Steps Can We Take to Prevent Water Pollution?
What can we do about the problem?
While water pollution in our oceans is an impossible problem to solve for any one individual. But there are actions you can take in your community to clean up a small lake or pond. It may not seem to be much, but it is a way to create a better environment for the people in your own community. Here are a few tips to help you to reduce the water pollution from your own home.
Reduce your plastic consumption. Reuse and recycle plastic when you can. Recycled plastic can help to not only reduce pollution in the environment, but can reduce the amount of plastic that is made from crude oil and extend our limited natural resources.
Properly dispose of chemical cleaners, oils, and non-biodegradable items. Don’t put these products down the drain as they could end up in our water system. Also refrain from flushing tissues, wrappers, cloths, and other paper goods down the toilet. Use a waste bin and dispose of them to ensure they don’t enter the water supply.
Related Reading: 150+ Creative Food Drive Slogans That Encourage More Donations
Maintain your car so it doesn’t leak oil, antifreeze, or coolant. And do not pour used motor oil down the drain. It can be taken to an auto parts store, where they will dispose of it safely and securely, so that it does not affect the environment. If you have a spill of oil, use sand to soak it up and dispose of it properly.
If you have a sloping yard, consider landscaping that reduces runoff. Avoid applying pesticides and herbicides to the soil as well. Instead you can remove weeds by hand. Refrain from using chemical fertilizers on the grass just before it rains, as the chemicals could be washed into the water table.
Take action and get involved. Find some small way you can make a difference in your own community. Spend an afternoon with friends picking up trash and bottles around a local pond. Attend a rally that raises awareness for global pollution.
Water pollution is no longer restricted to the rivers, lakes, and oceans. We now find pollutants such as poly and perfluoroalkyl substances in our tap water, which cannot be cleaned out by normal measures. This is an issue that directly impacts everyone and everything. This is a mission everyone can get behind as a society, no matter our political views or economic backgrounds.
Want to start your own food business?
Hey! 👋I’m Brett Lindenberg, the founder of Food Truck Empire.
We interview successful founders and share the stories behind their food trucks, restaurants, food and beverage brands. By sharing these stories, I want to help others get started.
If you liked this story, sign up for our newsletter that includes our food business startup kit and most popular interviews sent straight to your inbox.
Know someone interesting that should be interviewed on the website? Tell us about them here.
4 Best Slogans on Water Pollution
Clean water today and get cleaner water to drink tomorrow. The more you pollute water, the higher the chances of getting diarrhoea. Water pollution solution starts with 'You'. Instead of making the fishes sick, clean the water bodies quick.
- Save blue. Live green.
- Preserve water, preserve life.
- Conserve water. Save a million lives.
- Think before you let it drip.
- Save the BLUE, so you don't go blue. Save water. ...
- Save water. Save Earth.
- Drip, Drop, Drip, Drop. This clock must be stopped.
- Save water. The whole world depends on you.
- Love to breathe, save the trees.
- Save the Earth, Save Yourselves.
- Think green. Be green. ...
- Conserve what our children deserve.
- Eradicate pollution, Save the environment.
- Stop polluting and start living.
- Prevent pollution, protect nature.
- Plant trees to make our environment pollution-free.
8) The water from the rivers is sometimes also used for irrigation purpose thus contaminating agricultural produce. 9) Government should take drastic steps to restrict the direct disposal of waste into the rivers or seas. 10) The quality of drinking water should be checked on timely basis to avoid spread of epidemics.How can we stop water pollution? ›
- Pick up litter and throw it away in a garbage can.
- Blow or sweep fertilizer back onto the grass if it gets onto paved areas. ...
- Mulch or compost grass or yard waste. ...
- Wash your car or outdoor equipment where it can flow to a gravel or grassy area instead of a street.
Key causes of pollution include: spills or leaks from oil and chemical containers. trade effluent going into surface water drains instead of foul water drains, or straight into watercourses. removing too much water from surface waters and groundwater.